Some Music For Robby Muller
Label: Sacred Bones
- LP + MP3 COUPON €22.99 Dispatched within 5-10 working days
Claire Pijman is also Dutch, and also a cinematographer. Her film is, happily, not a conventional or formulaic documentary, but more a personal essay focused on Robby’s vision, his gathered images, and his approach to light, to storytelling and to life itself. LIVING THE LIGHT has now been screened at numerous important film festivals around the world, and was recently awarded the top prize for best feature documentary at the Netherlands Film Festival.
As SQÜRL approached creating music for Claire’s film, we attempted to be guided by the beautiful and illuminated elements of Robby’s spirit. We tried to channel his love of the special light during ‘magic hour,’ his love of moving images – from trains and cars, the sadness of certain architecture, or the vibrant energy that can be felt emanating from all living things.
So here is Some Music for Robby Müller created by SQÜRL in NYC and inspired by Claire Pijman’s film, LIVING THE LIGHT, and of course by Robby himself; his perceptions, his wonderful presence, his mind, his heart and his twinkling, mischievous eyes -- through which he communicated, and with which he surveyed the same illusive world still vibrating around us.”
– Jim Jarmusch, NYC, October 2019
- Tribute to the great Dutch cinematographer Robby Müller, who collaborated with Jim Jarmusch and Wim Wenders, among other legendary directors.
- Music was composed as the soundtrack for Living the Light, a documentary about Müller.
- Artwork features two Polaroids shots by Müller.
Limited edition coloured vinyl.