The Last Panthers (Warp)
Electronica / Ambient / Experimental
• ‘The Last Panthers’ features music from and inspired by Clark’s mesmerising score for the Sky Atlantic crime thriller of the same name.
• The six part series, co-produced by Warp Films (‘Southcliffe’, ‘71’, ‘Four Lions’, ‘This Is England’) and Haut et Court (‘The Returned’), stars Samantha Morton, Tahar Rahim and John Hurt and was descibed by The Guardian as “bold, smart and seductive.”
• Clark approached ‘The Last Panthers’ soundtrack with the same ethos as his artist releases; combining sounds of the natural world with clinical, machine enhanced production and an experimental, exploratory attitude. Here he breaks off from his mainline discography to deliver this stunning project, meticulously edited and expanded from the original score into a coherent listening experience.
• This new release from Clark forms part of a burgeoning movement of contemporary artists working in the soundtrack and composition world, including Mica Levi, Mogwai, Jon Hopkins and Ólafur Arnalds.
• LP with printed inner in 3mm spine outer sleeve and digital download card.